The Community Planning Council of Yonkers is pleased to present our Guide to Affordable Housing in Yonkers.
The Guide is intended to assist those who
- Are looking for housing in Yonkers that they can afford.
- Are helping families and individuals who are looking for housing in Yonkers that they can afford.
In summary, affordable housing in Yonkers consists of housing for
- Families … 56 properties … 5,803 apartments
- Seniors … 24 properties … 2,449 apartments
- Supportive Housing … 20+ properties … 352 apartments plus 604 beds
The Guide provides the following information for each affordable housing property
- Rental/management agent name and phone number
- Property address
- Number of apartments/congregate beds
- Apartment types (studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, … )
- Maximum allowable income as a percentage of the Westchester County median income.
It also includes an “Affordability Chart” which translates the maximum allowable income percentage to a specific dollar amount by household size and identifies the probable rent by household size.
We hope you will find this Guide helpful.
Please report any needed corrections to email@example.com.
CPCY Affordable Housing Committee
Kelly Chiarella, Wilson Kimball, Wilda Mejias, Richard Nightingale